Monday 7 December 2009

Meursault - William Henry Miller Pt.1



This is something a wee bit special. Note the handclaps. One day in the distant future when I have the time I will write my opus about why handclaps are at the centre of all great music. There's a bruised quality to the vocal that I love as well. Sufjan Stevens is the comparison that came to mind but there's something very Scottish about this as well, tapping into old Celtic myths of longing. Though that may be down to the pouring rain in the background. Great setting for something of this kind though, someone in the group clearly has an eye for time and place. All of which may be enough to make me overlook my nothing good comes from Edinburgh policy. Troubling times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a fairly crumby policy anyway.

x