Saturday 28 November 2009

A Genuine Freakshow - I Can Feel His Heartbeats



Here's some nice shimmery indie that rolls into something larger and thunderous as it goes. The effect is a little Playskool Arcade Fire, but that's by no means a bad thing. It's still a lovely racket. I'm always very impressed by bands that manage to harnass large numbers of induivals and sounds into a coherent whole. Knowing as I do the utter unrelablity and fecklessness of most musicans I tend to believe any band with more than six members constitents something of a minor miracle.
This bunch of up and comers also has the dubious pleasure of being from Reading, a town which has many faults but does boast the finest pieshop in all England. Sweeney and Todd, is it's name and if your ever passing that way I heartly recomend a visit.

No comments: