Friday 11 September 2009

Hall and Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True



This tune is currently undergoing a hipster revival, thanks to it's innovative inclusion in (500) Days of Summer. However I'm going to bullishly assert I've loved it before it was cool. Indeed I have deep and long lasting affection for the work of Hall & Oates, mainly Daryl Halls voice, which is just fantastic. On this track in particular, he just sounds so gosh darned enthusiastic, it's impossible to resist. There's also a great Devo-esque twist to the synths that makes the tune bounce right along. 'Feelgood' is a hideous overused description, but if any song fits the bill it's this one.

1 comment:

BrittanyGale said...

I can't even begin to count the number of times I danced around my room like a lunatic to this song. I became a fan of it after seeing The Wedding Singer. This song just makes me feel so damn happy haha.