Saturday 15 August 2009

Junior Murvin - Police and Thieves



One of my favourite Reggae songs. I particularly like the way Junior Murvin manages to rhyme "nation" and "ammunition" which he shouldn't be possible. Plus I'm sucker for a lyric that calls on everyone to just get along. I have an odd problem with Reggae, in while I like plenty of it, I find it difficult to enjoy unless the weather is suitably Caribbean. There's just something about it that doesn't seem to fit with a rainy Tuesday afternoon in Glasgow. This track is the exception that proves the rule though, as I imagine it would even provide a suitable sound track to a snow storm such is it's excellence.
I do note however that Junior Murvin does sound vocally similar here to "Herbert the Pervert" from Family Guy. I wonder if they might be related?

No comments: